Thursday, August 12, 2010

Health Interview

Interview an older person (at least 25 years old) you know who seems to be especially healthy. Complete the questions below as a blog post in your own blog.

What is his/her relationship to you?

She is my friend's older sister.


1. Have you always been as healthy as you are now? Please explain.


No, I've had trouble keeping weight after the age of 13 because that's when I stopped playing badminton and swimming on a weekly basis. It has been a slow process but I have managed to stay healthy till today.

2. What particular health habits in the following areas do you practice, that contribute to your level of health
Nutritional Habits__I try to stick to the 2 fruit and 5 vege concept when I cook and eat meals at home,having a good breakfast is important I feel, it gives me the energy to start of the day. I also try to limit my sugar intake as hig levels are bad for the body. ____________________________________________

Fitness Habits__ I try to go to the gym or just 30 min evening walk at least twice a week.______________________________________
Coping with Stress I use an organizer to help me plan things out, so I have reduced stress levels.
Dealing with Conflicts_I usually take a step back and critically think instead of rushing into a problem blinded
Keeping a Positive Attitude__I have spiritual and cultural beliefs that help me stay positive as well as family support._
  Any Additional Healthy Habits Just healthy eating,regular exercise and having a good social life helps me keep mentally and health alert. 
__________________________________

3. How did you develop these habits? Please explain.

 I was determined to reach the same health level I had when before I was 13 and having friends who live the same sort of lifestyle helps me stick to the good healthy habits.


4. What motivates you to practice a healthy lifestyle?

Just the thought of wanting to live a long and healthy life without having to worry about sickness in the future especially when the time comes for me to start having a family.
5. Create a question of your own that you would like to ask regarding this person’s healthy lifestyle. Make sure that the question allows your interviewee to expand on his/her thoughts (not a one word answer).

Question: _Do you think you would still be able to maintain this healthy lifestyle in probably the next 20 years to come?

Answer: __My needs will constantly change in the next 20years ,and accordingly I will alter my lifestyle to fit in all my responsibilities as well as try to maintain a reasonably healthy lifestyle.

1 comment: